Squirrels Stand Strong October 20, 2008Posted by Mr. Squirrel in News.
While Obama surrogates attempted to deflect questions about Obama’s associations to ACORN on the steps of the Ohio Statehouse, the squirrel community demanded real answers.
From the Dayton Daily News
It would’ve been a normal, everyday political press conference on the steps of the Ohio Statehouse on Monday, Oct. 20.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown, Gov. Ted Strickland and Columbus Mayor Michael Coleman — all Democrats — stood shoulder to shoulder in dark business suits in front of a battery of news cameras.
But then a guy dressed in a giant orange squirrel costume showed up, waving a poster that said “Don’t Let Obama + Acorn Steal Ohio.”
Even the three Democrats couldn’t help but chuckle at the scene the squirrel caused.
The New York Times and ACORN October 17, 2008Posted by Mr. Squirrel in News.
I was very happy to have my picture on the front of The New York Times website, but the squirrel community would be even more excited if the paper more closely analyzed Barack Obama’s extensive connections to ACORN!
Yesterday, The Associated Press reported that the FBI is investigating ACORN and “looking at results of recent raids on ACORN offices in several states for evidence of a coordinated national scam.” ACORN’s subsidiary, Citizens Services, Inc., was of course paid more than $800,000 by Barack Obama’s campaign to conduct “get-out-the-vote” projects—and that is not the only aspect of his relationship with ACORN that should raise questions about Obama’s judgment and which deserves scrutiny. Highlighting these questions and pushing for answers just days before the 2008 presidential election shouldn’t just be left up to us squirrels: Mom may be excited that I’ve become something of a celebrity over the last few days, but honestly, the squirrel and human communities deserve to know more about Obama’s relationship with this group currently under federal investigation.
Vote Fraud Alerts for 10/15/18 October 15, 2008Posted by Mr. Squirrel in News.
Facts Are Stubborn Things October 14, 2008Posted by Mr. Squirrel in News.
We are so excited to have our very own SquirrelSite! We were also interested to find out that Senator Obama’s website sought to conceal his long association with ACORN.
More information to chew on…
- In seeking ACORN’s endorsement in the Democrat Primary, Obama said “I’ve been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career…”
- Per Politico’s Ben Smith: on his “Fight the Smears” web page, Obama “quietly tones down the strident denials that he’s ever had anything to do with Acorn”
- Per ABC’s Jake Tapper, “As reports pile up of voter registration fraud connected to ACORN — the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now, a group that advocates for low-income voters – the campaign of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., has sought to downplay his past ties with the group. But in their efforts to do, Obama campaign officials found themselves forced last week to correct an erroneous assertion made on the campaign’s ‘Fight the Smears” webpage that “Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.’ That wasn’t true.”
- The above is despite the fact that “ACORN spokesman Lewis Goldberg told the New York Times that Obama conducted two unpaid leadership training sessions for ACORN’s Chicago affiliate in the late 1990s. The ‘Fight the Smears’ website now asserts, ‘Fact: ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.'”
- In addition, “Obama also represented ACORN and other groups in the mid 1990s as an attorney suing the state of Illinois to uphold the federal Motor Voter law. The governor and other officials of the State of Illinois were refusing to comply with the law on the ground that it was unconstitutional.”
Introductions October 14, 2008Posted by Mr. Squirrel in News.
Traveling around the country, people ask me, “Hello Mr. Squirrel, what is your name.”
Often I reply, “To ACORN, it doesn’t matter what my name is. For all they care, my name could be Mickey Mouse – they registered him in Florida.”
Welcome! October 14, 2008Posted by Mr. Squirrel in Comments, News.
Welcome! We are a group of concerned squirrels traveling around the country in an effort to highlight Barack Obama’s relationship with ACORN, a group that is being investigated for wide-scale voter fraud. Some examples of Obama’s connections with ACORN include:
- The Obama campaign paying more than $800,000 to ACORN for Get-Out-The Vote efforts; the campaign having originally “misrepresented” the group’s work to the FEC.
- Obama having sought out and received the endorsement of ACORN’s political arm during the Democratic Primary,
- The Woods Fund (on whose Board Of Directors Obama served) having given almost $200,000 in grants to ACORN
- Obama having directed Project Vote and later having taught classes for “future leaders identified by ACORN and the Centers for New Horizons.”
- Obama having been a member of a team of lawyers who represented ACORN in a suit against the state of Illinois.
To see read more about Senator Obama’s relationship with ACORN, visit obamaacorntree.com.