Facts Are Stubborn Things October 14, 2008Posted by Mr. Squirrel in News.
We are so excited to have our very own SquirrelSite! We were also interested to find out that Senator Obama’s website sought to conceal his long association with ACORN.
More information to chew on…
- In seeking ACORN’s endorsement in the Democrat Primary, Obama said “I’ve been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career…”
- Per Politico’s Ben Smith: on his “Fight the Smears” web page, Obama “quietly tones down the strident denials that he’s ever had anything to do with Acorn”
- Per ABC’s Jake Tapper, “As reports pile up of voter registration fraud connected to ACORN — the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now, a group that advocates for low-income voters – the campaign of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., has sought to downplay his past ties with the group. But in their efforts to do, Obama campaign officials found themselves forced last week to correct an erroneous assertion made on the campaign’s ‘Fight the Smears” webpage that “Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.’ That wasn’t true.”
- The above is despite the fact that “ACORN spokesman Lewis Goldberg told the New York Times that Obama conducted two unpaid leadership training sessions for ACORN’s Chicago affiliate in the late 1990s. The ‘Fight the Smears’ website now asserts, ‘Fact: ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.'”
- In addition, “Obama also represented ACORN and other groups in the mid 1990s as an attorney suing the state of Illinois to uphold the federal Motor Voter law. The governor and other officials of the State of Illinois were refusing to comply with the law on the ground that it was unconstitutional.”